Sunday, March 18, 2012

Polemic


Polemic

The general argument made by Abbey in his work Polemic is that of nature, The impacts that people have by traveling on it. More specifically, Abbey doesn't like all the traffic that people are making in these national parks. He writes “No more cars in national parks. Let the people walk. Or ride horses, Bicycles, mules, wild pigs-anything-but keep the automobiles and the motorcycles and all their motorized relatives out.” (pg. 389).
In my view, Abbey is correct all the way because I am one of those people who love going to the wild outdoors and the national parks to see the majestic views, but when I go and see trash everywhere and tire marks it hurts me because I want to help. For Example, My family and friends go to Moab at least twice a year, once we were going on this hike and we looked off the path a ways and saw a bunch of trails that bikers had made, even though there was a sign posted that said “no trails”. I think it is important to save the places we have like these so they will be around for many years and generations. But if we continue to build new developments it will surely decrease and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment