Sunday, March 18, 2012

Walden



Walden


The general argument made by Henry D. Thoreau is about the impact that us as humans have on the environment and nature around us. More specifically, He talked about staying in a little tiny cabin for a long time and was just out in the wild all by himself. He writes “ Most men, even in this comaratively free country through mere ignorance and mistake are so occupied with the factitious cares and course labors of life the its finer fruits cannot be plucke by them.” (pg. 350). This means that people have been overly obssessed with the big non important things in life. The the little important things are not dealt with or known how to be dealt with.
In my view I think Thoreau is wrong because I dont have to go spend time in the forest in a little cabin to understand the meaning of things. For example, I was sitting in class one day and we were reading stories about people and there dfficultises in life. My teacher had asked us to put ourselves in their footsteps to try and see how they felt. I didnt want to because I already knew the feeling that the people were feeling and going through. Therefore, I conclude that if we just take time to look at the small non important things in our lives that we will be able to understand them without having to go great distances to figure them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment